I. Software-Defined Manufacturing
The objective of Software-Defined Manufacturing (SDM) is to provide more generic and reconfigurable production systems, which can easily be modified at the software-level.
- Control and optimization of reconfigurable production systems (e.g., Adaptive Processes, Production Scheduling, Downstream Compensation)
- Information Modelling and Data Management for SDM (e.g., of Production Systems, Quality, Products, Production Processes)
- Software Engineering for SDM (e.g., Modeling, Model Based Systems Engineering for Production Technology, Software, Tools, Modeling Languages, Generation of Software)
- Virtualized Control Systems (e.g., Virtualization, Orchestration, Deployment, Communication for SDM)
II. Resilient Production (in Post-Pandemic Production)
Resilience is the ability to remain efficient despite extreme external shocks such as the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Resilient Management (e.g., maintaining or improving during and after the crisis, Product portfolio, supplier structure)
- Dynamic production (e.g., planning, monitoring, control, and logistics in a changing environment)
- Intelligent information management and flexibility approaches (e.g., strategies, methods, and tools used to create, capture, automate, deliver, secure, and analyze information related to organizational processes)
- Intelligent Value Chains and Data Transparency (e.g., vertical data sharing, Catena-X, Gaia-X, value creating networks)
III. Data-driven Production & Logistics
Usage of production related data to enhance efficiency and uptime of production systems.
- Data-Driven Technologies (e.g., Machine Learning, Data to Value in Automotive Production, Data Science and Data-Driven Automation, Predictive Maintenance)
- Smart Manufacturing (e.g., Digital Twins, self-optimization of production (sub-)systems, autonomous reconfigurability)
- Connectivity / Interoperability (e.g., Cybersecurity, 5G in Production, Real-time connectivity, technology, and protocol agnostic data interoperability)
IV. Sustainability in Automotive Production
New innovations/approaches to reduce the environmental impact for a sustainable future of automobiles.
- Sustainability-driven Production & Logistics (e.g., Integrated value creation, Material & Asset Tracking, Eco-efficiency)
- Sustainable Products (e.g., Smart Products, Additive/Composite/Metal Production, Process Monitoring, Remanufacturing, Reuse and Recyclability)
- Circular Economy
V. User-centered Robotics and Automation
User-centered Robotics and Automation aims to develop safe, and intuitive solutions for human-machine interaction.
- Safety in Human-Robot Interaction (e.g., AGVs, Machine Safety, Co-Worker (Human-Machine), building / infrastructure & machine / robot interoperability)
- User Experience (e.g., UX, New concepts for interaction, HMI, Remote-Working, AR/VR)